Global Game Jam
The Global Game Jam is finally here and we at Leti Arts are beside ourselves with excitement!
We are thrilled to announce that we, Leti Arts, shall be one of the sites that will be hosting the Global Game Jam 2020 that is going to be held between the 31st of January, 2020 and the 2nd of February 2020.
The Global Game Jam is the world’s largest game jam (game creation) event that takes place at physical locations all around the world. It is a weekend of fun and creativity that allows all who are interested in programming, iterative design, narrative exploration or artistic expression to come together under one roof to share their experiences and participate in the creation of video games.
Our site will be at our Leti Arts HQ in Ghana located just off the main East Legon boundary road and opposite the Madina Local Government Institute of Education.
We welcome jammers interested in creating games of different types including board-games and hardware/ alternative controller games.
At our site, jammers are assured of:
- Easy accessibility to public transport
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Bathroom facilities i.e. shower facilities, gender neutral toilets as well as wheelchair-friendly toilets
- A quiet space/spaces away from the main traffic areas
- Plenty of pizza!
- Free coffee
- Refrigerator space
- Parking space
- Mentors ready to advise, guide and lend a helping hand
For more information on what our site has to offer, visit our registration page.
If you’ll be in our area and would wish to participate in this amazing weekend endeavor be sure to register with us via this link to secure a slot.
Registering to jam with us is quick and easy i.e.
- For those who already have a user account with Global Game Jam, simply log in and follow the displayed steps.
- For those who don’t, click on the ‘Create an Account’ option. This will prompt you to sign up by registering through your email. Once you agree to this, all you need to do next is simply follow the steps outlined and fill in the required information.
We have only 30 slots available, so register early to be ensure you won’t miss a slot!
Those who register with us will be required to pay an entrance fee of GHC 30 that shall be paid on arrival at our HQ. This fee will cover for the snacks and drinks that we shall be offering and it can be paid either in cash or through momo. Those who opt to pay via momo should send the amount to 0557156363 (registered as Adinan) with the reference ‘Game Jam’.
Interested jammers can participate in other creative activities such as creating posters, t-shirts, websites, banners, mugs and the like. For more information on this kindly read through the guidelines provided here.
We are honored to be counted among the sites hosting this event and we intend to make it an incredible experience for all who choose to join us. Hence, feel free to register with us and to contact us in case of any queries.
Until next time!
Author: Maggie Muchiri